Mailing Lists in NES
These are the main mailing lists in the NES (Network Engineering
and Services) group of ISC Networking and Telecommunications. All
list names end in @isc.upenn.edu. If you're unsure where to start
a discussion, use engineering, or to include pvn
also, use nes-staff.
Lists are managed either through the PennNet Mailing List service or
if the list is considered critical to operations are managed directly through the central mail router. If the list is managed through the PennNet Mailing List server, you can seek help with the list by contacting lists-tech. If the list is managed directly through the central mail router, you can see help with the list by contacting forward-only-tech.
Service lists that end with "-tech" are usually considered critical to operations and are handled through the central mail router. Contact forward-only-tech for problems with these lists.
Service help lists:
- nes-oncall-operator (mail router alias)
- This list contains the one and only one person who is currently On Call for NES operations.
- services (PennNet Mailing list with IETFHDR option)
- Services list: the group of folks involved in supporting and
developing application services.
- erd-staff (PennNet Mailing list with IETFHDR option)
- ERD list: the ERD (Engineering, Research, and Development) group.
- engineering (PennNet Mailing list with IETFHDR option)
- Engineering list: a list that combines the folks from systems,
services, and ERD. Discussion topics often cut across these 3
groups and it helps to conduct these on the combined list.
- pvn-staff (PennNet Mailing list)
- Penn Video Network List: all PVN staff: rhodes, cook, hirtzel
- nes-staff (PennNet Mailing list with IETFHDR option)
- NES Staff List: combined list of all staff in NES (Network Engineering
and Services) which currently includes engineering, desktops,
and Penn Video.
- voip-team (mail router alias)
- list of members of NCCS, the NOC and ERD that work on VoIP
Other lists of interest:
- eng-leads: Senior members of the Engineering team
- email@example.com: Linux sysadmins in Platforms
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Windows sysadmins in Platforms
- noc: the Network Operations Center (almost all the staff
in Network Operations)
- ntag: Network Technical Analysis Group; the senior group
of Operations Engineers within the NOC
- campusnet: group of folks from network engineering and network
operations that discuss campus network design issues
- isc-staff: All staff across the various groups in ISC